If you have never worked with a designer before, it might help if I outline the Process. First I need to come and see you and your garden to discuss the project you have in mind. This first meeting or a design brief will usually take an hour or so, and it is important that all decision makers are at this meeting. After the client brief I will send you a written version of the Brief, and my proposal for your new garden based on our meeting and give you a firm quotation in writing for all the design work discussed. The Quotation clearly shows what is included in the costs. A payment plan is also outlined. It is important that all these documents are read and understood.
Once you have asked me to proceed I will:
- Carry out a survey and draw up a site plan, I will provide an outline layout plan along the lines discussed at our initial consultation. Depending on the project I usually prepare a preliminary proposal for discussion before proceeding to the final plan.
- Once the outline plan is agreed, I can contact landscape contractors to provide estimates as required.
- Provide detailed working drawings ready for construction by the client or contractor.
- Prepare detailed planting plans and plant lists.
- Supply plants and supervise planting.
- Unlike interior design, a garden never stops growing and one of the most satisfying aspects of the job is to provide after care and advice to the client for many years after the project is completed.
Now is an ideal time to plan and schedule any improvements for the coming months…
First I need to come and see you and your garden to discuss the project you have in mind…
Holley Design is based in Weybridge and can take on commissions throughout Surrey…